06 August 2006

Will wonders never cease?

Seems as if the e-mail to blog feature is working again.  I guess this means that there are NO excuses for not keeping things up-to-date.  Except for the fact that I'm lazy...

Tired from two largish nights in a row topping off a sport-billy week.  A slow sunday will ensue as the sore muscles and sleep deprivation combine to make lethargy the number one activity.  Will have to eventually leave the flat, as I have to go to chemist to find painkillers for the headache.   Damn it all!

So, yeah, the week was a sporting one.  Had Badminton on Tuesday, Rock climbing on Wednesday and BASKETBALL on Thursday.  My whole body is a wreck of stressed muscles and tendons.  But I'm much happier for it.  Thinking of repeating the whole exercise next week...

I've never climbed before (except for one form three camp I can hardly remember).  Was thinking it would be all about ropes and belays and harnesses, but was surprised with the sole activity I pursued - bouldering.  It's ridiculously hard and I'm incredibly poor at it, but when my lack of skill combines with a simple course and I actually climb to the top, the sense of achievement is amazing.  I plan to do it again, that is if my arms and hands ever regain a semblance of strength...

The climbing centre is a bit of a local landmark round these parts.  It's called the castle and it was once a water pumping station for London water supply.  If you're interested you can check out this picture of it (thanks wiki!).  And if you follow the links back to the forwarding pages you'll even get a bit of the history of area in which I'm currently living; Stoke Newington/Dalston.

Anyway the return to basketball, oh it was good.   Played for damn near three hours, which was fun for allowing me to watch my own skill and stamina ebb as I became more and more tired.  It was a thorough workout, and left me feeling as if I remembered enough of the game to want to play it again properly.  Just need to work on the fitness.  Would also be nice to drop a few years off my age.  Nothing quite like waking up sore and thirty and then having to go to work...

Not much else to say.  So lets confirm if this post mechanism is returned.

3

2

1

...


No comments: