09 August 2007

The Old Story

A workmate has introduced me to an excellent track, it's called La Ritournelle by a guy called Sebastien Tellier. It is a brilliant track. You should check it out in its entirety - the myspace version is a bit triangly and short. So perhaps you should check it out here... That link at least contains the increadibly beautiful buiLD-UP, enjoy!

Anyway the track is sort of a theme tune for me at the moment. Life is beautiful, but made up of an orchestra of ever-so-slightly dischordant parts. And for many resons the title of the track resonates with me; there is meaning beyond the music too. I'd explain - but I don't think I can.

--

The riding is going well. I'm turning into a speed demon, last outing had me riding to work and back in two hours and eleven mins. An improvement of a whopping 49 mins of my average round-trip ride time I started off commuting to work with. However I'm following a new route, and if this new route (on road) is accurately measured by google maps then that is an-oh-so-close effort of riding >40miles at 30km/hr or above. I mix the distance units, cause it's the UK and they still deal with stupid measurement distances here, like miles...

--

Work is actually busy - and providing me with an unusual 8am-5pm focus. I've even been staying late. Something is going wrong. I suspect that I'm finding stuff to occupy myself cause I'm exercising, happy with life and don't want work to be the only thing that dents my positive attitude at the moment.

--

A random guy walking past my window just scared the crap out of me by loudly addressing me with things like "You have a good evening!"and "God Bless".


--

That is all!

No comments: