18 January 2006

An Update

I'm in the UK. I'll be here, or at least somewhere in the northern
hemisphere, for the next 18 months. If that is not depressing enough
then, well, I'm unemployed.

www.stonesoup.co.nz/sidonia is dead! Why? I killed it a couple of
months ago. There was a red button and I pushed it. Stupid me.

I'm on a learning kick at the moment. I need to learn to occupy the
abundance of my unemployed time. I'll be learning Spanish soon, but
my current project is knitting. I'm 3' 8" through a tan and green
striped scarf. At 41 rows across that is a whopping 7000+ stitches.
And at my knitting rate, that is a whole bunch of time I've used up.

Have found a flat in London. Will move in on Friday, whereupon it
will be furnished with the finest things in life, but sadly no TV. As
a result I'm watching all I can while knitting to get my fill. Saw
the end of series one of 'Lost'. Loved it. I am currently hooked on
a new series here in the UK called 'Life on Mars'. Episode two
screened last night, which was far smoother than the necessarily
stilted introductory one. I want to watch more, though I may have to
wait for the DVD.

Afterwards I watched a self help video show parody (very funny),
Paxman's Night-something-or-other programme (one good question /
answer combo with Colin Powell) and a macabre autopsy programme which
seemed pointless, and hairless, with a strange looking German'ish
fellow knifing up a cadaver for a live studio audience in a "lookie
here as I play with a calcified artery" kind of way. And then they
pulled the "look at this naked and hairless (evidently male– look at
his penis!) model with pretty arterial systems painted on his skin".
One hell of a good way to make sure I don't ever donate my body to
science!

So at present I'm killing time. I'm in Devon, knitting and watching
telly. With the aim of furthering this fine pursuit, I thought I'd
resurrect a blog.

Welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuckblog.

Aiiieeeee. *splode*

Anonymous said...

och