04 March 2006

Scarf

Scarf!Well, a while back I posted this about the fact that I was whiling away my time by knitting.

Well, I whiled, and I whiled, and the border to this post is the result. I'm quite proud of it, although its length (at over 6'6") is a bit annoying at times.

Currently I'm whiling more time away, trying not to get depressed about the lack of employment.

I'm not knitting though.

In fact I'm not doing much.

And that means I have nothing to write about.

So I'm left with having to space out meaningless text to go with this picture.

And that is all I have to say about that!

3 comments:

strong light said...

Chuck! That is awesome. I'm so hot for guys that knit ;-)

Anonymous said...

You should learn SQL.

SQL and Perl. (Or PHP, or Python.)

It's all available online, along with plenty of how-to articles.

Set yourself a small project, and write it -- it'll give you the focus you need. Think small, like a way to search your books by title and author, or a cocktail program where you can tell it what you have, and it suggests what you can make, and what you could make if you bought just one more thing. Or a program to suggest plot ideas based on that folktale classification system, or the whole "36 plots" idea.

The key is -- have something you're trying to write, and you'll learn to program/use SQL/whatever as a consequence of that.

Anonymous said...

Respect.