26 July 2023

Borneo (Diving)

Our diving part of the Borneo adventure was at Bigfin Diving on the coastline north of KK and closet to Kota Belud.

Sally and I learned to dive in Malaysia many years ago at Tioman Islands which is off to the bottom right of peninsula Malaysia. When we looked at coming to Borneo Sally chose Bigfin as the location to let us do some diving, as well as signing Arthur up to do his Open Water and signing Dixie up for a try dive.

We didn't take a camera diving with us this trip but I can report that apart from a very rusty and apprehensive approach to my first dive in a bunch of years we all did great and saw a bunch of things. This was despite it not really being the crystal clear water experience we have had on past diving holidays.

The accomodation was comfy and the food was amazing. Really lovely way to spend a few days together.

We had this view of Mount Kinabalu from our accomodation.
And this is the bay that Bigfin Divers runs it's operation from
I really didn't take many photos but this friendly spider was a good one. We met this spider waiting for the boat to take us to Bigfin. It kept jumping on the camera when I tried to take a photo of it so this is me using my phone to capture my new eight legged buddy.

No comments: